I Want to Be a Teacher!

I came home from my first day of kindergarten and my head was spinning.  New friends.  New school supplies.  New books.  New teacher.  
"Mom, I know what I want to be when I grow up," said my five year old self walking home from the bus stop.
"What's that, honey?"
"A teacher."
"That's nice, dear."
Fast forward 25 years and here I am.  Ten years of teaching experience behind me, and I've learned quite a few things.  It's not all about new school supplies and new books (although, those are still some of my favorite things).  It's not about correcting worksheets and answering questions.  It's not about filling in data sheets and reporting scores.

I've learned it's about relationships, getting creative, long hours, encouragement, patience, persistence, and humor.  Oh, and coffee.  Lots of coffee.

So follow me on this journey through time.  I'll be sharing some of my questionable wisdom, funny stories, and tools that will hopefully help and inspire that little teacher in all of us.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Hi popped over from the forum.

    There is no way for your adoring fans to follow you! You need a side bar thingie... (Sorry I'm not good at this stuff wither!)

    Anyway lovely first post :)

    http://beforecharlees30.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for the feedback! I have a spot now where you can sign up by email. Great suggestion :)

      Delete